What is the Single Point of Access (SPA)?
Our Single Point of Access (SPA) is the key point of contact for children, young people, families, GPs and health and social care professionals to access advice and support from Wiltshire Children’s Community Services. We have a single telephone number (0300 247 0090), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and website (https://wiltshirechildrensservices.co.uk ) for all queries and requests for support.
Wiltshire Council, NHS England and NHS Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group – who commission NHS care on behalf of the population in Wiltshire – tasked us with bringing the services from five providers into one, increasing the voice of children and families in the service and providing a joined-up service where families only need tell their story once and where families, no matter where they live, have access to the same services.
The Single Point of Access is not a walk-in centre for patients, nor an emergency contact centre (such as NHS 111 or 999), instead it is a way of bringing our existing community services together.
How can the SPA help you?
We have a dedicated team of customer focused administrators who will provide advice and support on:
- The range of services that we offer
- Criteria for accessing our services
- Other organisations available in Wiltshire that may be able to help you
- Guidance on the referral process
- Managing appointments
- Requesting repeat prescriptions and medical supplies
The SPA will help to coordinate care for children and young people, often with complex needs, who need to access multiple services. We aim to make sure that every child and young person receives the appropriate support to meet their individual needs.
The SPA is supported by a team of experienced clinicians representing our services who will:
- Provide clinical advice over the phone for families and referrers
- Signpost to other appropriate acute and community services
- Triage referrals (including a Multi-disciplinary Team triage for complex referrals)